|A mini-library in Park Slope, Brooklyn |
- GOD it's so cute
Here are my fantasy reading goals for sometime when I have more time. (And if you happen to have a lot of time right now, why not attempt one?)
1. Read a ridiculously long book - War and Peace, or the Bible, or the entirety of that endless series about feral cat colonies, Warriors - and admit to yourself that you're mostly reading it so that you can tell people you read it.
2. Go camping/sit in a shed/climb up a tree/acquire a hermitage and read Walden.
3. Write a fan-fiction.
4. Shop at an independent book store - if you're in New York City, try the Strand, Books of Wonder, or St. Mark's Bookshop.
5. Go to LIT Crawl!
6. USE THAT LIBRARY CARD.
7. Build and stock a mini-library.
8. See an actually good book-to-movie adaptation.
9. Acquire this necklace from Out of Print clothing. 1984 reference? Anyone?
10. Read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Seriously, how can I call myself a fantasy-lover and still have never read it? It's embarrassing.